California Customers: After 5:00 PM Central (3:00 PM Pacific) Friday April 5th all Magazine Orders over 10Rds Will be Cancelled and Refunded
That presupposes a proper holster. The LCP is the first handgun I started carrying on a regular basis, due to its small size and light weight. The LCP II is far superior to the original in terms of sights and trigger.
To the holster...I bought a Desantis Nemesis. Any handgun you carry with a round in the chamber must have a holster that covers the trigger. Just ask Plaxico Burris. The Nemesis holster is a great fit.
I liked to carry the LCP II, in the Nemesis, in the front pocket of my jeans, with a loose shirt covering it. The problem was that it would go down into my pocket, spin around, etc., and be tough to get out in a hurry. Check out a product called Clipdraw, which adds a bobby pin-like clip to the outside, which holds the weapon, in the holster, exactly where it should be when you put the pin on the outside of your pocket. I suspect the same would work for boot carry.
1 month ago
1 month ago
3 months ago
1 year ago
Research led me to the Ruger LCP-II which, on paper, offered just about all my important criteria: .380, small/light enough for back pocket carry (in a DeSantis Nemesis or similar holster), good trigger, last-shot slide lock-back, working slide release, haflway decent sights and an accessible recessed mag release that won't unintentionally drop a mag during normal handling.
Ordered from GaG along w/a couple of spare 6rd mags and it arrived in 2 days (another fast, smooth transaction, thx GaG!).
Headed for the range w/some UMC FMJ and my first range trip was a mixed bag: trigger was excellent, functioning was flawless, but the grip was so thin my large palm only achieved decent contact front & back. This was not conducive to shooting accuracy or comfort.
Enter the Hogue Hybrid Grip Sleeve. While it does add to the thickness, I now have a good grip on the LCP-II, the sights almost align themselves, accuracy has improved significantly and shooting comfort is greatly increased.
After another hundred rds downrange, I've purchased a 2nd LCP-II to rotate between EDC & training. I've added a dab of white nail polish to the front sight (big help!), a touch of neon orange nail polish to the top of the hammer (if I see orange at the back of the slide, I know the hammer is cocked), the aforementioned Hogue grip sleeve, a MagGuts +1 spring for my carry mag (so it's 7+1 instead of 6+1 and has been 100% reliable), a SnagMag to carry a reload, the Galloway Precision 13lb recoil spring and the Fiocchi Extrema XTP .380 load to carry (it's one of the few loads to achieve FBI penetration specs while still getting modest expansion as .380 is the problem child: good expansion or sufficient penetration, pick one).
The more I shoot the LCP-II, the more I like it, it's now my 24/7 EDC.
Both LCP-II's had a single FTE very early on but have been 100% a couple of hundred rds later.
My only complaints are coming w/only a single mag (really, Ruger?) and the slide/bbl are blued instead of a more rust-resistant finish. Because of these, I give it 4.5 stars but wouldn't hesitate to recommend to another experienced shooter (recoil may be too snappy for a new shooter).
4 months ago
1 year ago
Would recommend for your gun purchase needs
4 months ago
5 months ago
5 months ago
Ruger LCP II Black .380
Compact at just 5.17" long and 3.71"tall, the LCP® II is designed to fit a variety of holsters and provide concealed carry options. Rugged construction with through-hardened steel slide and black, one-piece, high-performance, glass-filled nylon grip frame. Short, crisp trigger pull with single-action feel. Textured grip frame provides a secure and comfortable grip. Larger grip frame surface provides better distribution of recoil forces.
Ruger LCP II Black .380 Specifications:
- Capacity 6
- Barrel Length 2.75"
- Overall Length 5.17"
- Weight 10.6 oz.
- Grip Frame Black, High-Performance, Glass-Filled Nylon
- Slide Material Alloy Steel
- Barrel Material Alloy Steel
- Width 0.91"
- Sights Integral
- Twist 1:16" RH Grooves 6
- Slide Finish Blued
- Barrel Finish Blued
- Height 3.71"
- CA Approved No
- MA Approved & Certified No
- Short, crisp, single-action trigger pull.
- Compact at just 5.17" long and 3.71" tall, the LCP® II is designed to fit a variety of holsters and provide concealed carry options.
- Rugged construction with through-hardened steel slide and black, one-piece, high-performance, glass-filled nylon grip frame.
- Textured grip frame provides a secure and comfortable grip. Larger grip frame surface provides better distribution of recoil forces.
- Includes finger grip extension floorplate that can be added to the magazine for comfort and grip.
- Improved sights for superior visibility. Fixed front and rear sights are integral to the slide, while the hammer is recessed within the slide.
- Easy-to-rack slide designed to hold open after last round ejection.
- Blued, alloy steel barrel.
- Also includes a pocket holster and one 6-round magazine.
- Note: Six-round LCP® magazines are compatible with the LCP® II, but will not activate the last round hold-open feature of the LCP® II.
- Seven-round LCP® magazines are NOT compatible with the LCP® II.
- One 6 Round Magazine Included
Ruger LCP Review Video
Is your next firearm purchase the Ruger LCP? What is the difference between the LCP and the LCP II? Watch this video review to see the features and compare the specs.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Ruger SKU GAG_LS-3750 Condition New in Box Action Type No Caliber .380 ACP UPC 736676037506 Model LCP II Type No Manufacturer Part Number 3750 Accessories No Barrel Length 2.75 Finish Per Color Black Capacity 6 Firing Casing No Frame Per Material No Hand No Sights No