Ruger LC9s for Sale - LC9s & LC9s Pro Reviews
LC9s is a line of Ruger 9mm caliber, striker-fired semi automatic pistols. The LC9s makes a great concealed carry weapon, because you get the stopping power of a 9mm in a slim, lightweight, compact gun.
What does the addition of a small “s” on the end of the name mean? Unlike the original LC9 pistol, which is hammer fired, the Ruger LC9s is striker fired. This translates into a shorter, smoother and crisper five-pound trigger pull that helps improve overall accuracy.(3)
The pistol is a striker-fired version of the LC9, an alteration that has the potential to hit the sweet spot with shooters. What the switch from the double-action, hammer-fire operation of the earlier version means is a crisper and shorter trigger pull.
The LC9s trigger pull is nearly 1 pound less than and .2 inches shorter than its predecessor, according to the handgun’s spec sheet. It also incorporates a blade safety on the trigger, a popular feature found on most striker-fired pistols.(1)
RUGER LCPS REVIEW
Watch this video to see the features, benefits, specs and options of the Ruger LC9s line of pistols.
RUGER LC9 FEATURES
- Striker-fired featuring a short, light, crisp trigger pull for faster, more accurate shooting.
- Slim, lightweight and compact for personal protection. Just slightly larger (less than 1" taller and 1" longer) than the popular and incredibly compact Ruger LCP.
- Rugged construction with through-hardened slide and one-piece, high-performance, glass-filled nylon grip frame.
- Checkered grip frame provides a secure and comfortable grip.
- Dovetailed, high-visibility sight system with drift adjustable rear sight and fixed front sight.
- Includes finger grip extension floorplate that can be added to the magazine for comfort and improved grip.
- Safety features include integrated trigger safety, manual safety, magazine disconnect and an inspection port that allows for visual confirmation of a loaded or empty chamber.
- Pro Models come without manual safety and magazine disconnect.
- Blued, alloy steel barrel.
- Also includes: one, 7-round magazine
RUGER LC9S PRO FEATURES
The Ruger LC9s Pro is a slim, single stack, carry gun chambered in 9mm Luger with a 3.12-inch barrel. It features a lightweight polymer frame, blued steel slide with 3-dot dovetailed sights, striker trigger system with trigger safety and includes one 7 round magazine. The Pro model does not have a manual thumb safety.
LC9S PRO REVIEW
The original LC9 had a loaded-chamber indicator on top of the slide, which provided a tactile confirmation that the gun was loaded, whereas the LC9s has a view port that allows a glimpse of the cartridge. The LC9s Pro goes a step further and eliminated the external thumb safety along with the internal magazine disconnect. Other than that, both of the guns look identical. Furthermore, all accessories (magazines, holsters and lasers) are totally interchangeable.(2)
RUGER LC9s BEST SELLERS
- Ruger LC9s Black / Blue Titanium 9mm 3 inch 7 Rd Mfr# 3265
- Ruger LC9s Black 9mm 3 inch 8 Rounds Fiber Optic Sights Mfr# 3270
- Ruger LC9s Black 9mm 3 inch 7 Rd Striker Fired Mfr# 3235
- Ruger LC9s Pro Semi Auto Pistol Black 9mm 3.12 inch 7 rd Mfr# 3248
- Ruger LC9s Semi Auto Handgun Gray 9mm 3.12 inch 7 rd Savage Stainless Cerakote Finish Mfr# 3252
- Ruger LC9S Black 9mm 3.12-inch 7rd Lasermax Mfr# 3279
- Ruger LC9S Marsala Frame 9mm 3.12-inch 7Rds Mfr# 3259
LC9S - LAST WORD
The first few shots made me really appreciate the striker-fired action, and none of the young or old shooters I had fire the gun had issues with trigger pull.
My general experience with the Ruger LC9s was gratifying. The striker-fired mechanism is a vast improvement and makes the LC9s a great handgun for CCW work. And depending on where you live and what kind of restrictions your state places on handgun designs, you now also have the Pro option, which will better suit some people.(3)