California Customers: After 5:00 PM Central (3:00 PM Pacific) Friday April 5th all Magazine Orders over 10Rds Will be Cancelled and Refunded
Ruger AR 556 Review Video
Watch the video to review features and specs of the Ruger AR 556, and compare the AR 556 to the Ruger SR762 and Mini 14 rifles.
Ruger AR 556 Specs
Ruger® Rapid Deploy folding rear sight provides windage adjustability, and pairs with the elevation adjustable front sight for a solid, reliable aiming system. The rear sight can be folded out of the way to make room for optics, but can be instantly redeployed if needed.
Features fixed A2 stock with MonsterMan Grip.
Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flattop upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector, and is Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability.
Bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel and is shot peened and pressure (proof) tested to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability.
Front sight post is elevation adjustable, and a front sight tool is included. The A2-style F-height allows co-witness with many optics.
Patent pending Barrel Nut and Delta Ring are designed for one person handguard removal and installation. The design accepts most standard carbine length handguards. The barrel nut uses a standard wrench and can be swapped with a Mil-Spec barrel nut if desired.
Milled gas block is located at a carbine-length (M4) position for improved balance and handling. Multiple attachment points include a QD socket and bayonet lug, for many sling and accessory mounting options. Serrations on the angled face of the gas block provide a low-glare surface.
Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning. The 1:8" twist rate stabilizes bullets from 35 to 77 grains, and the 5.56 NATO chamber allows the use of both 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. Ammunition. M4 feed ramps provide improved operational reliability, and the matte black oxide finish reduces glare and provides corrosion resistance.
Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing. A matte black oxide finish on the exterior of the bolt carrier provides corrosion resistance.
Single-stage trigger provides durable and reliable fire control. The enlarged trigger guard is designed to allow gloved shooting.
Handguards are made from heat-resistant glass-filled nylon for shooting comfort and durability.
Also includes: One 10-round metal magazine.
Ruger AR 556 BEST SELLERS
- Ruger AR-556 Black AR-15 .223 / 5.56 NATO 16.1-inch 30Rd
- Ruger AR-556 MPR Black .223 / 5.56 NATO 18-inch 30Rd M-Lok Handguard Magpul Furniture Elite Trigger
- Ruger AR-556 Black .223/5.56 16.1-Inch 10rd State Compliant Model
- Ruger AR-556 Magpul MOE Black AR-15 .223 / 5.56 NATO 16.1-inch 30Rd
- Ruger AR-556 MPR 5.56MM Black 18-inch 30RD
- Ruger AR-556 Flat Dark Earth .223 / 5.56 NATO 16-inch 30rd Magpul M-LOK
- Ruger AR-556 Lower Receiver Black .223 / 5.56 NATO
- Ruger AR-556, .223/5.56, Black, 16 inch barrel, 10rd magazine
- Ruger AR-556 OD Green Cerakote .223 / 5.56 NATO 16-inch 30Rd
- Ruger AR-556 Black 5.56/223 Rem 16 Inch 10Rd California Compliant
- Ruger AR-556 Tiffany Blue / Black 5.56 / .223 Rem 16.04-inch 30Rds
- Ruger AR-556 Black 5.56 NATO / .223 Rem 16-inch 10rd Fixed Stock
- Ruger AR-556 Black / Grey 5.56 / .223 Rem 16.1-inch 30Rds
- Ruger AR-556 White .223 / 5.56mm 16.1-inch 30rd Collapsible / Folding Stock
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Ruger SKU GAG_LS-8513 Condition New in Box Action Type No Caliber 5.56 UPC 736676085132 Model AR-556 Type No Manufacturer Part Number 8513 Accessories No Barrel Length 16 Finish Per Color Black Capacity 10 Firing Casing No Frame Per Material No Hand No Sights No