Mossberg 590 for Sale - Cheap Shipping - Helpful Service - Lowest Prices
Designed for self-defense, military and law enforcement, the Mossberg 590 is a line of pump action shotguns available in a variety of barrel lengths, stocks and grips, and magazine capacities. With so many choices, there is a Mossberg 590 or 590A1 for you.
MOSSBERG 590 REVIEW VIDEO
MOSSBERG 590 OVERVIEW
- Mossberg 590 and 590A1 shotguns are based on the 500 series introduced in the 1960s.
- Smooth operations is ensured by the twin action bars and anti-jam elevator without worrying about malfunctions common with other shotguns.
- A top-mounted safety allows ambidextrous operation.
- Tactical model options include tri-rail forends for lights and lasers, and adjustable stocks for fast adjustment of length of pull.
- Dozens of variations including different barrel lengths and magazine capacities allow you to use it for just about anything.
MOSSBERG 590 BEST SELLERS
- 590A1 XS Security 12 GA Pump Shotguns 9 Round Mossberg 51771
- Model 590 Tactical 12 GA 18.5 6 Round Black Mossberg 50778
- 590A1 12 GA 20.0" 8 Round Black Mossberg 51668
- Mossberg 590 Shockwave Flat Dark Earth
- 590 Shockwave 12 GA 14 Pump Shotguns 6 Round Blued Mossberg 12 GA 14-inch
- 590 Cruiser American 12 GA 23 8 Round Black Mossberg 50586
- 590 Shockwave .410 GA 14 6 Round Blue Mossberg 50649
- Mossberg 590A1 Compact Cruiser AOW 12 GA 10.25-inch
- Mossberg 590A1
MOSSBERG 590 SHOCKWAVE
This popular version of the Mossberg 590 has a Raptor "bird head's" grip and 14” barrel, but NFA / Class III tax stamp and paperwork is NOT required. (Always check your state and local restrictions.) Why is the Mossberg 590 Shockwave not a NFA weapon? According to B. Gil Horman of AmericanRifleman.com,
"...the definitions that apply are found in the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA). Under these regulations the Shockwave is legally considered a “firearm,” not a shotgun. If, at the factory, a brand-new receiver is fitted with a pistol grip first instead of a shoulder stock, it's considered a Pistol Grip Only (PGO) firearm. If the overall length of that firearm, with the pistol grip and barrel installed, is greater than 26", then the barrel can legally be shorter than 18". In the case of the 14" barrel Mossberg 590 Shockwave, the Raptor bird's head grip gives the gun an overall length of 26.32". That makes it a firearm."
MOSSBERG 590 SHOCKWAVE REVIEW
“I purchased this as a "fun" gun and wow am I happy! The Shockwave is not only fun to shoot, it performs like a champ! It handles full 2 3/4 rounds for serious business and loves to run mini shot too! All around great purchase, great customer service, and great shipping times! Grab-A-Gun + a Mossberg 590 Shockwave is a winning combo!” - Jason O.
First introduced in the 1980s, the Mossberg 590 came from the 500 series developed in 1960. It sports a heavy-walled barrel, corrosion-resistant finish, and a metal trigger guard and safety. During testing, the firearm underwent 3000-round endurance tests using both buckshot and slugs, and it only saw three malfunctions. Also part of the procedure were sand immersion tests, saltwater fogging, and interchangeability tests. When reviewing the Mossberg 590A1 line for Guns & Ammo, J. Guthrie shared his favorite models:
590A1 Adjustable (six-shot) - This scattergun hijacks the M4’s popular six-position stock to make it even more compact than the short-and-sweet gun I built. The stock is great should you don body armor or put the gun in the hands of a youngster or short-statured friend. Simple three-dot sights are brazed to the barrel and are very similar to the sight picture found on most duty pistols, consolidating training somewhat.
590A1 SPX (nine-shot) - This combat-ready model sits on the other end of the spectrum from short and sweet. Its 20-inch, heavy-walled barrel is ported and wears an AR-style front sight that pairs with a Picatinny-rail-mounted LPA ghost-ring rear sight for super-fast target acquisition. The rail allows a reflex optic to be easily mounted. The full-length magazine tube holds nine rounds of nasty, and yes, the shotgun comes with an M9 bayonet and scabbard.
Sources: gunsandammo.com/reviews/social-shotgun-the-mossberg-590a1-review/, americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/3/31/tested-mossberg-590-shockwave/